- What is Ecard Wizard?
- How do I install Ecard Wizard?
- Where can I download Ecard Wizard?
- What are the system requirements for Ecard Wizard?
- Where can I find my license key?
- How come I never received an email containing my license key?
- How do I enter my license key in Ecard Wizard?
- How do I start making a greeting card?
- What are card folds and which types are included?
- How do I know what card fold a template is?
- Can I insert my own photos and images into my greeting card?
- Can I change the background of the card template?
- How do I add graphics to my greeting card?
- How do I add and change sentiments on my greeting card?
- How do I add sound and music to my video ecard?
- How do I preview and send my video ecard?
- How do I save my finished card?
- How can I send my greeting ecard to family and friends?
- How do I print out my greeting card?
- What paper sizes can I export/print to?
- What image qualities are available for exporting/printing my card
- How can I download new templates from Ecard Wizard?
- Ecard Wizard will not run, what should I do?
Ecard Wizard is a simple-to-use greeting card maker software. Users can select a predefined or custom template/theme to start the process of creating an ecard. There are several folds that you can choose from to make the ecard into a printable greeting card. Customizing a card is easy, fast and fun! You can add text, additional images, photos, symbols, shapes, backgrounds, borders, and sounds to the ecard. After you customize and create your ecard, you can can choose to save the project for editing or use later. In addition, you may also email out the ecard, save the card as several different file types, and print the card to mail out as a greeting card.
To install Ecard Wizard, double-click on ecardwizard_setup.exe and follow the installation instructions. After the installation is complete, click on “Enter License Key” and enter your license key.
After you purchase Ecard Wizard, an email containing the download link to Ecard Wizard will be sent to you. In addition, your member’s page contains the Ecard Wizard download link. You can also download Ecard Wizard from the following download mirrors:
To properly run Ecard Wizard, your system needs to meet the following minimum hardware & software requirements:
- Microsoft® Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
- Intel® Pentium® III 800 MHz or faster
- 512 MB of RAM (1 GB recommended)
- 100 MB free disk space
- 1024 x 768 video display with 16-bit color
- Sound card (for ecards containing sound)
- Color printer
- Internet access (for downloading additional templates and images)
When you purchase Ecard Wizard, a registration email containing your license key and your member login credentials is emailed to you. In addition, you can find your license key by logging into your Ecard Wizard member page (login here). In addition, please use the license lookup tool to find your license key:
If you purchased Ecard Wizard and can’t access your member page and/or can’t locate your license key, please contact us.
Once you have purchased Ecard Wizard, an automated email containing your license key from “email@example.com” will be sent to the email address you indicated on your purchase. However, your email program or service may have marked the automated email as SPAM or Junk; please check these folders and add “firstname.lastname@example.org” to your address book to avoid important emails from us being sent to your SPAM/Junk folders. For detailed instructions on how to add us to your address book or safe list, please click here.
You can enter your license key by clicking on the “Enter License Key” button in the splash screen that appears when you start Ecard Wizard. Then, you can simply highlight the license key from your email or member’s page and copy (CTRL+C) and then paste (CTRL+V) into the license field that appears. Here is a screen shot of the splash screen:
You have three ways to make a greeting card with Ecard Wizard. One way is to select “Use Card Template” to and then modify the card template. The second way is to select “Create Your Own Card” and then select the card fold you wish to work with. The third way is to select “Open A Saved Project” and modify an existing card project you have saved earlier. No matter which method you choose to create a greeting card, Ecard Wizard allows you to personalize the card by adding your own text, images, photos, graphics, and music.
Card folds are the different ways a card can be folded. There are four types of card folds you can use with Ecard Wizard:
- Half Fold Tall
- Half Fold Wide
- Quarter Fold Tall
- Quarter Fold Wide
When choosing a template to work with, click on the template and its card fold type will be shown in the lower left corner.
Yes, you can use your own photos and images. To add your own photos and images, click on the “Image” button in the left panel. Then browse for your image, crop the image if you want, and then click on “Add Image.” Once the image is on the workspace, you can rotate, move, and resize it.
Yes, you can easily change the background image of the greeting card. You can change the background image by using the “Background” button on the left panel or by using the “Change Background” button on the right panel. To change the background color, make sure no other object is selected (click on an empty area of the workspace) and then use the right panel’s “Background Color” properties. You can choose from the following background choices:
- Solid color
- Linear gradient
- Radial gradient
- Background from Ecard Wizard’s graphic library
- Background from your own image
Click on the “Graphics” button in the left panel to choose from hundreds of included cliparts. You can also add your own graphics via the “Images” button in the left panel. To add a shape to your card, click on the “Shapes” button in the left panel. Once you choose your clipart, image, and/or shape you can change its properties (i.e. size, location, rotation, color) by selecting it and using the properties window in the right panel. You can also move the object by clicking on it and using your mouse or arrow keys. To resize using your mouse, click on a corner and drag the corner of the object.
Sentiments can be added in two ways. You can click on the “Text” button in the left panel and then write your own sentiment, wish, or message. Another way is to click on “Insert>Sentiment” in the top menu bar to add a sentiment from Ecard Wizard’s sentiment database. No matter which way you choose to add your sentiment, you can customize the font family, font size, and font color of the text.
Creating a video ecard is very easy with Ecard Wizard. First, create a greeting card and customize it. Next, click on the “Sounds” button in the left panel. The “Add Sound” window will appear; choose a sound from Ecard Wizard’s sound library or add one from your own computer for each page of your card. Then, choose a background music from the library or add your own background music.
Once you are done adding sound and music to your ecard, you can preview your video ecard by exporting it as a movie. Click on “Export” in the left panel and choose “Movie” as the output. Ecard Wizard will render the video ecard into a movie file (.AVI) to the destination you want. Once the movie is created, double-click it to watch it. To send your video ecard, you can attach it in your email.
To save your greeting card, choose “Save As” in the top panel of Ecard Wizard. Your greeting card will be saved as a .EWP file, which can be opened by Ecard Wizard.
There are several ways to send your finished greeting card to family and friends. One way is to click on the “Email” button in the left panel and Ecard Wizard will open up your email client program (i.e. Outlook Express, MS Outlook, Thunderbird, etc…) and attach your card as a PDF file. Another method is to first export your card either as an image (GIF, JPEG, BMP, or TIFF), PDF, or movie file and then attach the exported file in your email.
Click on the “Print” button in the left panel and then choose the paper size, image quality, and border settings. Then click Print and choose the printer to send your card to.
There are three paper sizes that you can choose for your greeting card:
- Letter (8.5×11 inches)
- A4 (8.27×11.69 inches)
- Executive (7.25 x10.5 inches)
There are four image qualities that you can choose for your greeting card:
- Poor (72 DPI): Select this if you do not need to print the card out. Ideal for email sending of ecards since the file size is small.
- Low (96 DPI): Select this if you do not need to print the card out. Ideal for email sending of ecards since the file size is small. Slightly better than Poor image quality.
- Medium (150 DPI): For printing out your greeting card or making a video ecard for uploading to a website such as YouTube. Resulting image is very good.
- High (300 DPI): For optimal printing of your greeting card. This is the default image quality. File size is very large.
By default, Ecard Wizard automatically downloads new images and templates on a weekly basis. To manually check for new images and templates, go to “Help>Check For Updates.” Check out our video on downloading updates:
If Ecard Wizard does not run and it displays a popup window with the following message:
“Contact Application Publisher for instructions for obtaining the appropriate version of the .NET Framework V2.0.500727”
then this means you need to update/install the latest version of Microsoft’s .NET Framework. You can download the .NET Framework from Microsoft’s official website by clicking here. Once installed, Ecard Wizard will work properly. This error usually occurs on computers running Windows XP.